Opportunities at Scorpion
Employment Opportunities at Scorpion
Scorpion are growing, and are on the look-out for great talent. Even if you don't see a relevant opportunity below please send us your CV.
We are Recruiting:-
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will:
• Design structures to withstand the stresses and pressures imposed through environmental conditions and human use.
• Ensure buildings and other structures do not deflect, rotate, vibrate excessively or collapse and that they remain stable and secure throughout their use.
• Examine existing buildings and structures to test if they are structurally sound and still fit for
Working in close partnership with architects and other professional engineers, you will help to design most structures, including Argicultural, Commercial, Industrial Buildings and Marine Steel structures. It will be your responsibility to choose the appropriate materials (such as concrete, steel, timber and masonry), to meet design specification. Additionally, you will be involved in inspecting the work and advising contractors as appropriate.
Reporting to the Sales Director you will help the Sales Team at Scorpion by pricing the projects they bring into the Company. It will be your role to put together a comprehensive cost estimate sheet that will cover all aspects of the project and ensure sufficient OH&P is allowed for in each project.
You will be sending out packages for various elements in order to obtain competitive quotes. On some occasions you would be required to go to sites to fully understand the requirements of the client prior to submitting a price. You will work closely with the Operations team in obtaining feedback from completed projects to ensure valuable lessons are learnt and implement going forward.
Tekla Draughtsmen x 2
In this role you will:
• Draw and detail steel frame buildings and cladding to Company/customer specifications in both 2D and 3D as required.
• Use CAD based software to draw and design construction projects to agreed targets.
• Order materials as and where required for the construction of buildings.• Liaise with contracts department (at all levels) to provide information as requested.
• Monitor and implement technical developments to software, and changes to supplier specifications.